Long story short: we take good care of your privacy. If you want to know what information we’ve collected about you: ask us at any time and we’ll give you a copy. If you want us to delete the data we’ve collected about you: just let us know and we’ll remove it.
DESIGNLADDER, we or us: DESIGNLADDER B.V. having its registered office at Nieuwendijk 8A, 4225PD Noordeloos, The Netherlands, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 71160426.
Website, app, coach, online coach: the DESIGNLADDER website, including – but not limited to – designladder.com/, and the coaching app at app.designladder.com.
Coaching, services, products: the products and services that we offer.
You, your, coachee: user of the website or app or any other service provided by DESIGNLADDER.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes – but is not limited to – for example, your name, telephone number, address and e-mail address.
Information we collect
This is the personal data you provide us when using our website, app and services. For example when you sign up to receive our newsletter, create an account or when you purchase a product or service from us. This type of information may include your name, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, user generated content, post and other content you submit to our website, app and services and any other information you provide voluntarily to us. When you create an account on our website or app, we may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
We may collect information from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. For example information from public databases and marketing companies. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, household information, consumer and market research data, purchase behaviour and preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests.
Information required for login
We save the following data to your account: username, first and last name, email address, job title, company name, your picture, working experience, plan for growth. This way, you don’t need to provide us with your data again. We may also save – for your own convenience – the data of former orders.
We offer newsletters to inform you about our company and services. We use an opt-in system. Every time we send you a newsletter you have the possibility to unsubscribe from the newsletter. We will only use your personal data for the purposes listed above or any other purpose that is connected to the above.
Purposes we collect your data for
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- Provide you with services and products that you request from us
- Communicate regularly with you to inform you about service updates, content and special offers that may be of interest to you
- Contact you if this is required to perform our services
- To inform you about changes in our services, website and app
- Send you an invoice for our services and products
- Resolve coaching and/or product and services issues
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any products or services supplied to you
- Improve your customer experience on our website and app
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services
- Deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you
- Participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages and blogs
- Store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us
- Create external marketing & analytics reports
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our network
- Analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services and for business development
Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services and products available on the website and app, which third parties will process your personal data in conformance with this Privacy Statement. We may also disclose your personal data:
- To our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- If we sell a business or part of a business to another company than the transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We would require from the buyer to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- To any other third party with your prior permission to do so.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in the Netherlands or any other country in which DESIGNLADDER (or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents) maintain facilities. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy and do not intend for our app to be used by anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years old and you wish to use our app in any way which requires you to submit your personal data, please get your parent or legal guardian to do so on your behalf. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe we may have collected personal data about a child, please contact us as described in this Privacy Statement.
How we protect personal data
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data collected through the website and app is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments. We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your privacy rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore your have the right to data portability and you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data.
Changes to this privacy statement
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time. If we make any substantial changes to this Privacy Statement and the way we use your personal data, we will provide appropriate notice to you. Please check our Privacy Statement frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
The new Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to access our websites or to make use of our products and services, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 24 January 2019.
How you can contact us
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org